Tools for Creating and Working With Storylines
- Using Phenomena in NGSS-designed Lessons and Units
- Planning for Teaching, Analyzing, or Designing Storylines
- Five Questions to Guide the Development of a Classroom Culture that Supports "Figuring Out"
- Summary of the Five Questions and Five Routines
- Images of the Five Routines (Posters)
- Storyline development process (graphic overview)
- Storyline Design Tool Set [ pdf / google doc ]
- Storyline Tool #1: Anchoring phenomenon [pdf / google doc]
- Storyline Tool #2: Connected investigations [pdf / google doc]
- Storyline Tool #3: Problematizing & Putting Pieces Together [pdf / google doc]
- Creating & posting daily learning objectives (that don't give away the punchline for that lesson in a storyline).
- NGSS Science and Engineering Practices (Posters and Graphics)
- Science & Engineering Practices Web [b&w / color]
- Directions & Printables to Make a Large Classroom Poster of a Science & Engineering Practices Web
Video interview with Brian Reiser introducing phenomena and their connection to the NGSS and three-dimensional learning: